Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Food Adventures

New fav place, Dhaba.
Yummy street food, in a non-street food setting.

Showing off the goods, my mutton biryani.
Happiness for Chicken Biryani
Dinner at Sigma's house.

My first of three plates of the night.


Home cooking! Thank you Sigma's mommy.


We all went to a "Mosque food" place up the street for some Chicken/Mutton/Veggie Biryani. A good local joint, and nice and cheap. I have actually had some pretty good food lately, but anything is an upgrade compared to our usual haunts of Chicken Waffle (a korean joint?!), Treat, and our sub par hotel restaurants. Home cooking is still the best. My list of "to-eats" when I get out of Dhaka is more than a page long. I am planning to start with dim sum in Hong Kong and then eat my way back to the States. I have high hopes for food in Calcutta, so hopefully it doesn't disappoint.

Another amazing thing I realized is that I can actually wear normal clothes in Calcutta! No more covering up my leggies or my sexy shoulders. FREEDOM here I come! This whole Bangladesh thing has made the problem of my white legs even worse, if that's possible. Oh yeah, and I can have a glass of wine and not feel like I have to hide it in my water bottle. Maybe I should have done my summer at SKS instead :)

Anyways, I included some pictures above of the food I have eaten along the way. Yes, I am Asian and I take photos of my food. So what?

1 comment:

  1. haha! i love your food pictures :)

    can you please bring me back some article of clothing from there? it all looks beautiful...although i doubt they have anything that would fit me :-P

    ReplyDelete